White Papers and Reports
- OCLC Research Library Partnership’s (RLP) Collection Building and Operational Impacts Working Group, Total Cost of Stewardship, March 2021.
Articles and Book Reviews
- "Advocacy in Action," Archival Outlook, July/August 2021, 5-6.
- Book Review: "Forging the Future of Special Collections," Metropolitan Archivist, August 2019.
- "Classes and Collaboration in the University Archives," The Academic Archivist, June 24, 2019.
- Book Review, "Putting Descriptive Standards to Work," Metropolitan Archivist, February 12, 2019. Also available: https://scholarspace.library.gwu.edu/work/b5644s14n.
- “58 Bowery, New York, NY.” EABH Bulletin: Architecture and Finance Vol. 2 (June 2017), 100-101.
- "'The Worst and Most Dangerous Attack': Laymen's Foreign Missions Inquiry." Mid-Atlantic Archivist: Vol. 42, No. 4 (Fall 2013), 4-5.
- “Virtual Conferences in the Real World.” SNAPShots Newsletter: Vol. 1, Issue 2 (Fall 2012), 5, 15.
- “Making the Most of MARAC.” SNAPShots Newsletter: Vol. 1, Issue 1 (Summer 2012), 12; 17.
- “A Look Back,” Frederick Magazine Monthly Feature Article, Feb. 2009; April 2009; June 2009; August 2009; October 2009; December 2009; February 2010; June 2010 – September 2011.
- Brigette Kamsler and Kelly McCartney, “Snapshots: The Photographs of Nicolas Yinger.” Historical Society Journal, HSFC, Spring 2011.
- “The Dean is at it Again: The Metamorphosis of Dutcher Hall,” Friends Folio, No. 54 (Spring 2007): 3-5.
- HIST3301W: Freedom Struggles in Black and Brown, Spring 2020, George Washington University.
- Primary Sources: Digital and Physical Archives and Manuscripts Collections, George Washington University.
- HIST2305W.11: Slavery, Segregation and GWU, George Washington University.
- Methods in the Study of Religion (REL W4905) at Barnard College, published Sept. 2015.
- International Roots of the Civil Rights Movement (CE315) at Union Theological Seminary, published Oct. 2015.
- Burke Library News, Winter/Spring 2015.
- Burke Library News, Spring/Summer 2014.
- Burke Library News, Winter 2014.
- Burke Library News, Spring/Summer 2013.
- Burke Library News, Winter 2012/2013.
- Burke Library News, Spring/Summer 2012.
- “Docent News,” Monthly Internal Newsletter Articles Pertaining to Archives and Research Center, August 2008 – September 2011.
Note: I am very pleased to make my Departmental Honors Thesis available! Over the past eight years, this document has migrated to various computers and operating systems. This file therefore has had some changes than what was written in 2007. It is as close as possible to what it was when I defended it in front my thesis committee. For more information, please see my blog entry.