White Papers and Reports
- Weber, Chela Scott, Martha O’Hara Conway, Nicholas Martin, Gioia Stevens, and Brigette Kamsler. 2021. Total Cost of Stewardship: Responsible Collection Building in Archives and Special Collections White Paper. Dublin, OH: OCLC Research.
Articles and Book Reviews
- Interview: “A Conversation with Brigette Kamsler,” Mid-Atlantic Archivist: Vol. 50, No. 4 (Fall 2021), 6-7.
- "Advocacy in Action," Archival Outlook, July/August 2021, 5-6.
- "George Washington University at 200." Washington History: Vol. 33, No. 1 (Spring 2021).
- Book Review: "Forging the Future of Special Collections," Metropolitan Archivist, August 2019.
- "Classes and Collaboration in the University Archives," Academic Archivist, June 24, 2019.
- Book Review, "Putting Descriptive Standards to Work," Metropolitan Archivist, February 12, 2019. Also available: https://scholarspace.library.gwu.edu/work/b5644s14n.
- “58 Bowery, New York, NY.” EABH Bulletin: Architecture and Finance Vol. 2 (June 2017), 100-101.
- Baker, Matthew C., Nisa Bakkalbasi, Elizabeth Call, and Brigette Kamsler. Burke Library Wayfinding Study Report, June 2015.
- "'The Worst and Most Dangerous Attack': Laymen's Foreign Missions Inquiry." Mid-Atlantic Archivist: Vol. 42, No. 4 (Fall 2013), 4-5.
- Update to The Academic Archivist, Spring 2013.
- Update to Metropolitan Archivist, Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Vol. 19, No. 1 (Winter 2013), 26.
- Burke Library Newsletter, Spring/Summer 2012; Winter 2012/2013; Spring/Summer 2013; Winter 2014; Spring/Summer 2014, Winter/Spring 2015.
- “Virtual Conferences in the Real World.” SNAPShots: Vol. 1, Issue 2 (Fall 2012): 5; 15.
- “Making the Most of MARAC.” SNAPShots: Vol. 1, Issue 1 (Summer 2012): 12; 17.
- Kamsler, Brigette C. and Kelly McCartney, “Snapshots: The Photographs of Nicolas Yinger.” Historical Society Journal, HSFC, Spring 2011.
- “A Look Back,” Frederick Magazine Monthly Feature Article, 2009-2011.
- “Docent News,” Monthly Internal Newsletter with Articles Pertaining to Archives and Research Center, 2008-2011.
- “The Dean is at it Again: The Metamorphosis of Dutcher Hall,” Friends Folio, No. 54 (Spring 2007): 3-5.
- HIST3301W: Freedom Struggles in Black and Brown, Spring 2020, George Washington University.
- Primary Sources: Digital and Physical Archives and Manuscripts Collections, George Washington University.
- HIST2305W.11: Slavery, Segregation and GWU, George Washington University.
- Methods in the Study of Religion (REL W4905) at Barnard College, published Sept. 2015.
- International Roots of the Civil Rights Movement (CE315) at Union Theological Seminary, published Oct. 2015.
Note: I am very pleased to make my Departmental Honors Thesis available! Over the past eight years, this document has migrated to various computers and operating systems. This file therefore has had some changes than what was written in 2007. It is as close as possible to what it was when I defended it in front my thesis committee. For more information, please see my blog entry.